Friday, November 11, 2011

Before I Fall


This is probably the only book that I've ever read that I felt the immediate feeling to go back to the beginning and reread it all over again. Just keep reading and re-reading it, like it's never ending. Of course- it did end, and do I ever regret the decision to start the last chapter. But, how can I really regret it? when I so eagerly began reading it. So many conflicting feelings...(tsk, tsk) that's what this book does to you. I cried many times since the beginning of this book. From the very first chapter to the last- I cried. But so many were happy tears, tears that sprang not only out of longing but out of fulfillment. I'm gonna miss this book and the life of Samantha Kingston beyond words.
Samantha Kingston has it all, the "best" of it all. The best of bestfriends, the best boyfriend, the best clothes, the best parking spot... one of the best "lived" lives at Thomas Jefferson High School. Until one Friday night in the blink of an eye- it's over. Samantha Kingston becomes the Samantha Kingston. And as fate would have it, she gets to relive the last day of her life- seven times over. One last week to relive it all. What would you do on the last day of your life? What would you say? Who would you spend it with? What would you wear? Who would you kiss? Would you eat turkey or roast beef? Would you go to school or would you hang out with your little sister? Would you go "all the way" with your boyfriend? or would you fall for someone else? Those are all questions that Samantha must make, and make the right ones she must-, in order to live... just one more day.

Excerpt from "Before I Fall": The thing is, you don't get to know. It's not like you wake up with a bad feeling in your stomach. You don't see shadows where there shouldn't be any. You don't remember to tell your parents that you love them or- in my case -remember to say good-bye to them at all. If you're like me, you wake up seven minutes and forty-seven seconds before your best friend is supposed to be picking you up. You're too busy worrying about how many roses you're going to get on Cupid Day to do anything more than throw on your clothes, brush your teeth, and pray to God you left your makeup in the bottom of your messenger bag so you can do it in the car. If you're like me, your last day starts like this:

Title: Before I Fall
Author: Lauren Oliver

Purchase Before I Fall here

No comments:

Post a Comment