Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Rise (or fall) of the Planet of the Apes


I accepted a good ole' dad date tonight. Location: Theater, Movie: The Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The movie started with promise but in the end failed to deliver. I have to say the hair on my arms did stand up every time the huge a** gorilla roared at the screen. Imagine that thing chasing you down; I don't know whether I would pee on myself, have a heart attack or just drop dead. James Franco was lookin' pretty good tonight, and Freida Pinto sure did light up the screen but I think the real star was Andy Serkis. Andy starred as Caesar, the cute little baby chimp that grew into the leader of the ape revolution. Pretty cool what a guy in a suit and a computer can do. Do I recommend it? Not really. Sorry, but I'm gonna take a pass on a second viewing. I give it 2 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment